The president-elect serves for one year before automatically advancing to the presidency. Duties include hosting Legislative Day and working with WDA staff and the Michigan Dental Association delegation chair to coordinate caucus meetings for the American Dental Association’s 9th District. The vice president also serves for one year.The president, president-elect and vice president work closely together to represent the dental profession in meetings with government officials and state legislators. These three officers support one another in serving as WDA spokespersons with the media and other organizations.
How to nominate
Individuals may nominate colleagues or themselves by submitting candidates’ names to the Nominating Committee:
Dr. Jeremy Hoffman, (715) 443-2200, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Martin Williams, Chair, (920) 662-1600, email@example.com
Dr. Michael Grady, (414) 614-9071, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. John Onderak, (608) 363-9400, email@example.com
Dr. Kendra Schaefer, (608) 222-6606, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please direct questions about the nominating process to your regional representative or Executive Director Mark Paget at 800-234-4515 or email@example.com.
The following WDA regional trustee terms expire at the 2015 House of Delegates. Current volunteers and renewal eligibility noted.
- Northwest Region 1 – Dr. Jennifer Peglow, Stevens Point – Completing 1st 3-year term; does not wish to continue, three-year term available
- Northeast Region 2 – Dr. Jeffery Kraig, Fond du Lac – Completing 2nd 3-year term; therefore, ineligible for re-election, three-year term available
- Greater Milwaukee Region 3 – Dr. Lynn Lepak-McSorley, Milwaukee – Completing 1st 3-year term; is eligible for re-election and wishes to be considered, three-year term available
- Southeast Region 4 – Dr. Clifford Hartmann, New Berlin – Completing 1st 3-year term; is eligible for re-election but has not committed to serving, three-year term available
- Southwest Region 5 – Dr. L. Stanley Brysh, Madison – Completing 2nd 3-year term; therefore, ineligible for re-election, three-year term available
Nominations are now being accepted for five regional Wisconsin Dental Association trusteeships.
To nominate a colleague or yourself for one of the available seats on the Board of Trustees (see box), submit a candidate headshot photo (digital preferred) and curriculum vitae to Lisa Chandre in the WDA Executive Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-755-4105 (fax) by April 1, 2015.
Photos and biographical info for all trustee candidates will appear in the Executive Director’s Update, WDA Journal and on WDA.org.
Voting will take place in all regions during early August. In contested elections, paper ballots will be mailed to all regional members in good standing. Electronic balloting will be used when there is only one declared candidate.
All candidates will be notified of election results by the end of August. General membership will be informed of election results through journal, EDU articles and a posting on WDA.org.
Trustee-elects will be invited to attend the fall Board meeting (Friday, September 18 & Saturday, September 19, Delafield Hotel, Delafield, WI) as observers and be officially installed at the 2015 House meeting Oct. 15 & 17 at Monona Terrace in Madison. (A New Trustee Orientation is held immediately following close of the final House session.)
The WDA Board includes three elected representatives from each region (northwest, northeast, greater Milwaukee, southeast and southwest) and one third-year Marquette University School of Dentistry student. In accordance with WDA Bylaws, Chapter IV, Section 40, “No more than one trustee from a component may serve on the Board at the same time when the region they represent is part of a multi-component region unless all other components decline to put forth a candidate.”
The Board is the managing body of the association. It is responsible for conducting all WDA business as outlined in the organization’s bylaws and as directed through House policy decisions. The Board also establishes interim policies essential to the management of the association or of an emergency nature between annual House meetings.
The Board has three in-person meetings a year. Attendance at the WDA House is also required. Much of the business needing Board review and comment between those four formal meetings is handled via e-mail and occasionally by conference call.
Please contact WDA Executive Director Mark Paget at 800-234-4515 (toll-free, direct) or email@example.com with questions about the trustee nomination and election process.
- Northwest Region 1 – Dr. Rick Mueller (Marshfield) | curriculum vitae
- Northeast Region 2 – Dr. Chris Hansen (Manitowoc) | curriculum vitae
- Greater Milwaukee Region 3 – Dr. Lynn Lepak-McSorley (Milwaukee) | curriculum vitae
- Southeast Region 4 – Dr. Cliff Hartmann (Waukesha) | curriculum vitae
- Southwest Region 5 – Dr. Jeffrey Moos (Mondovi) | curriculum vitae