Individuals may nominate colleagues or themselves by submitting candidates’ names by June 4, 2014 to the WDA House Nominating Committee (see box). This committee will meet via conference call on June 5 and then present its slate of candidates to the WDA House of Delegates on Nov. 13, 2014 in Milwaukee. Nominations also will be accepted from the House floor at that time.
Nominees’ digital headshots and curriculum vitae should be sent to Lisa Chandre in the WDA Executive Office at email@example.com or fax 414-755-4105 for publication in the October 2014 WDA Journal.
Dr. Paul Levine (Brown Deer) – cirriculum vitae
President-elect and vice president
The president-elect serves for one year before automatically advancing to the presidency. Duties include hosting Legislative Day and working with WDA staff and the Michigan Dental Association delegation chair to coordinate caucus meetings for the American Dental Association’s 9th District.
The vice president also serves for one year.
The president, president-elect and vice president work closely together to represent the dental profession in meetings with government officials and state legislators. These three officers support one another in serving as WDA spokespersons with the media and other organizations.
Dr. Ryan Braden (Lake Geneva) – curriculum vitae
Dr. Ned Murphy (Racine) – curriculum vitae
The editor serves for four years and works with the WDA Editorial Advisory Board, staff managing editor and other communications and marketing team members. During the four-year term, they oversee production of the monthly WDA Journal (writes editorial) and provides dental and grassroots member oversight of annual WDA Sourcebook (Member Directory & Practice Guide).
Dr. Robert Darling (Sheboygan) – curriculum vitae
Speaker of the House
Working with staff, the speaker sets the WDA House of Delegates’ agenda. He or she presides over all House meetings, performing duties according to parliamentary procedure, and guiding the Reference Committee when necessary with resolution wording and procedures. He or she also serves as an ex-officio member of the Board of Trustees.
The Speaker of the House is elected for a one-year term that can be renewed indefinitely.
Dr. Richard Lofthouse (Fennimore) – curriculum vitae
Dr. Monica Hebl (Wauwatosa) – curriculum vitae
How to nominate
Individuals may nominate colleagues or themselves by submitting candidates’ names to the Nominating Committee:
- Region 1 Dr. Rick Mueller, 715-387-1702, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Region 2 Dr. Martin Williams, 920-662-1600, email@example.com
- Region 3 Dr. Russell Dunkel, 414-427-8565, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Region 4 Dr. Dr. John Onderak, 608-363-9400,email@example.com
- Region 5 Dr. Randall Ballweg, 608-643-8505, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please direct questions about the nominating process to your regional representative or Executive Director Mark Paget at 800-234-4515 or email@example.com.
The following WDA regional trustee terms expire at the 2014 House of Delegates. Current volunteers and renewal eligibility noted.
- Northwest Wisconsin Region 1 – Dr. David Kenyon (Altoona) – Completing second term, thus ineligible for re-election; three-year term available
- Northeast Region 2 – Dr. Paul Feit (Sturgeon Bay) – Eligible for re-election, will not run for re-election; three-year term available
- Greater Milwaukee Region 3 – Dr. Thomas Raimann (Milwaukee) – Completing second term, thus ineligible for re-election; three-year term available
- Southeast Region 4 – Dr. Ned Murphy (Racine) – Completing second term, thus ineligible for re-election; three-year term available
- Southwest Region 5 – Dr. Patrick Tepe (Verona) – Eligible for re-election, has indicated desire to be considered for re-election; three-year term available
Nominations are now being accepted for five regional Wisconsin Dental Association trusteeships.
To nominate a colleague or yourself for one of the available seats on the Board of Trustees (see box), submit a candidate headshot photo (digital preferred) and curriculum vitae to Lisa Chandre in the WDA Executive Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-755-4105 (FAX) by April 1, 2014.
Photos and biographical info for all trustee candidates will appear in the Executive Director’s Update, WDA Journal and on WDA.org.
Voting will take place in all regions during early August. In contested elections, paper ballots will be mailed to all regional members in good standing. Electronic balloting will be used when there is only one declared candidate.
All candidates will be notified of election results by the end of August. General membership will be informed of election results through journal, EDU articles and a posting on WDA.org.
Trustee-elects will be invited to attend the fall Board meeting (Sept. 19 – 20, 2014 in Pewaukee) as observers and be officially installed at the 2014 House meeting during the second session on Nov. 15 at the Wisconsin Center in Milwaukee. (A new trustee Orientation lunch is held immediately following close of the final House session.)
The WDA Board includes three elected representatives from each region (northwest, northeast, greater Milwaukee, southeast and southwest) and one third-year Marquette University School of Dentistry student. In accordance with WDA Bylaws, Chapter IV, Section 40, “No more than one trustee from a component may serve on the Board at the same time when the region they represent is part of a multi-component region unless all other components decline to put forth a candidate.”
The Board is the managing body of the association. It is responsible for conducting all WDA business as outlined in the organization’s bylaws and as directed through House policy decisions. The Board also establishes interim policies essential to the management of the association or of an emergency nature between annual House meetings.
The Board has three in-person meetings a year: winter, spring and fall. Attendance at the WDA House is also required. Much of the business needing Board review and comment between those four formal meetings is handled via e-mail and occasionally by conference call.
Please contact WDA Executive Director Mark Paget at 800-234-4515 (toll-free, direct) or email@example.com with questions about the trustee nomination and election process.
- Northwest Wisconsin Region 1 – Dr. Christopher Johnson (Eau Claire) – curriculum vitae
- Northeast Region 2 – Dr. Paula Crum (Green Bay) – curriculum vitae
- Greater Milwaukee Region 3 – Dr. Richard Mueller (Hales Corners) – curriculum vitae
- Southeast Region 4 – Dr. Carl Meyers (West Bend) – curriculum vitae
- Southwest Region 5 – Dr. Patrick Tepe (Verona) – curriculum vitae