- Who is a new dentist?
- Dues categories
- New dentist events
- Other programs and information
- Job opportunities
A new dentist is a dentist who graduated from dental school fewer than 10 years ago.
In 2014, a new dentist is defined as a dentist who earned their doctor of dental surgery degree or doctor of dental medicine degree during 2005 or after.
Membership is based on the calendar year. The balance of the year you graduate is free upon completion of a tripartite membership application. After that, your Wisconsin Dental Association dues are:
- Year 1 – $0
- Year 2 – 25 percent of full active dues
- Year 3 – 50 percent of full active dues
- Year 4 – 75 percent of full active dues
- Year 5 and thereafter – 100 percent of full active dues
Continuing your education? Join the American Dental Association directly for only $30 per year as a graduate student member. The reduced dues program goes “on hold” until you enter practice.
Pathways to Private Practice: The Mechanics of Building your Future
Peter Ackerman of ADA Midwest Dental Transitions
Wednesday, Nov. 18, 2015
6 – 9 p.m.
2 non-clinical CE credits
$10 student (MUSOD years three and four)
$25 WDA member (new dentists out of school 10 years or less)
Contact WDA Member Relations Coordinator Betsy Krekling (414-755-4126 or firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.
For the first time, the New Dentist Conference will coincide with the ADA annual meeting, Nov. 5 – 8. Participate in both meetings this year and experience all ADA 2015 has to offer, plus these exclusive opportunities only for New Dentist Conference attendees.
- Access to significantly reduced hotel rates — $100 per night savings!
- High-level networking opportunities during Leadership Day
- Inspiration from Shark Tank co-star and entrepreneur Daymond John
- An exclusive, customized CE track featuring real-time interactive technology
- A VIP lounge in the convention center to relax and network
- New Dentist Reception at Penn Social — Ticket included!
Get all this for the incredible value of $250 when you add the New Dentist Conference to your ADA 2015 registration. Space is limited, so mark your calendars for May 13, when registration opens for new dentists — a full week before general registration opens!
The Mentor Program is organized by Wisconsin Dental Association, Marquette University School of Dentistry and the Pierre Fauchard Academy to help guide students in their journey into dentistry. Learn more at www.wda.org/dental-professionals/mentor-program
ADA New Dentist News
The ADA New Dentist News is a quarterly publication, distributed as an insert in the ADA News.
Read the latest issue at www.ada.org/en/publications/new-dentist-news
New Dentist Now
New Dentist blog with posts from ADA New Dentist Committee featuring resources, news and insights on the dental profession and beyond. http://newdentistblog.ada.org/
- “My New Dentist Life” – For the next 12 months, Dr. Emily Hobart, a 2015 graduate of Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine, will candidly share her stories and experiences — the highs and lows — of her first year as a new dentist in the latest New Dentist Now blog series called “My New Dentist Life.” Her first post talks about the whirlwind of finding and interviewing for a job, the licensure process, graduation and relocating across the country to South Carolina to start her new job. Tell your dental student and new dentist members about “My New Dentist Life” at ADA.org/mynewdentistlife.
Review and learn about job opportunities in the WDA classifieds online at www.wda.org/classifieds or in the monthly WDA Journal.
Looking to place a classified ad? Visit www.shopwda.org
Contact WDA Member Relations Coordinator Betsy Krekling at 414-755-4126 or email@example.com to learn more about new dentist opportunities and questions.