The WDA joined with other Wisconsin organizations to form the Healthy Choices Coalition, a group dedicated to helping reduce barriers to oral health care in the Badger State, in September 2011.
Coalition members represent more than 106,000 state residents and serve local families, children, individuals living with disabilities and illnesses, older adults and others. The coalition will work with state leaders to implement the WDA “Healthy Choices” plan to ensure all Wisconsinites have access to proper dental care.
In addition to the WDA, Healthy Choices Coalition members include the following nonprofit groups:
- AIDS Resource Center of Wisconsin (ARCW), one of the largest and most comprehensive AIDS service agencies in the country.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Alliance of Wisconsin, which helps people with Alzheimer’s or related dementia in and around Madison
- Community Living Alliance, which provides support and health care services for people with disabilities in Dane County
- Independence First, which serves the needs of people with disabilities, primarily in metro Milwaukee
- Rehabilitation for Wisconsin, which helps people with disabilities and economic disadvantages throughout the state
- Wisconsin Council on Children and Families, a Madison group dedicated to improving condition for the state’s families and youth
If you’d like more information, or to join the Healthy Choices Coalition in reducing barriers to dental care in Wisconsin, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.