- NOW submit classifieds online!
- Display advertising
- E-newsletter advertising
- Classified advertising
- Patient newsletter advertising
- Advertising policy
The WDA offers three ways to reach the Wisconsin dental community:
The WDA Journal is the official publication of the WDA and our more than 3,000 dentist and dental hygienist members. Each issue is also distributed to all Marquette University School of Dentistry students.
This full-sized, full-color, glossy, award-winning publication offers timely articles with a different focus each month, along with a special Business of Dentistry page. Each issue is also posted on WDA.org.
- Free listing in Advertiser Index
- Free New Product/Service Corner
Two new display ad sizes (runner and skyscraper) in 2013
Advertisers can now mix runner, skyscraper, quarter, half and full-page ads in desired frequency.
WDA Sourcebook (Member Directory and Practice Guide)
Dentists and dental teams alike consider the WDA Sourcebook (Member Directory & Practice Guide) a valuable, desktop practice resource. Our sourcebook is also posted on WDA.org. The sourcebook web page was viewed by members more than 100 times since renovation in May 2012.
It measures 8 1/2 inches wide by 11 inches tall. It is printed in black and white, with the exception of the inside front, inside back, back cover and two inside tab pages which are printed in full color.
The sourcebook is only printed once a year and the deadline to submit a completed display ad contract and payment is Friday, Jan. 11, 2013. Artwork is due Friday, Jan. 18, 2013.
Save 20 percent on a WDA Sourcebook ad when you run at least one display ad in the WDA Journal and one display ad on WDA.org!
Our new and improved WDA.org website is a great way to reach WDA members and the greater dental community, as well as the general public. Site visitors find helpful information about a variety of topics, from the state regulatory compliance and legislative updates to frequently asked practice and legal questions.
WDA.org has seen a steady increase in visitors (average of 18,137 visitors per month, an increase from 13,275 visitors per month in 2011) since undergoing a major renovation the first half of 2012.
A new ad artwork size option gives you more flexibility and real estate with your design. Advertisers can now submit ads that are 275 x 550 pixels or 120 x 600 pixels (both vertical).
A new Advertiser Index to increase your ad exposure. This index appears at the bottom of every page across the website. Visitors can find all current advertisers with a link to the page on which their ad appears.
Launched on the last business day of every month to more than 2,571 member subscribers, choose from three ad sizes:
- 150 x 150 pixels – $100
- 150 x 300 pixels – $175
- 150 x 450 pixels – $250
- 2013 rates, deadlines and contract
Classified advertising is offered in the monthly WDA Journal. All classified ads are also posted here on WDA.org. Ads not submitted by the deadline can be posted online only. In this case, the ad will be posted on WDA.org on the last business day of the month. Standard rates apply for ads posted only online.
Additional advertising options include full-color mini-displays, boxed and blind box ads and adding your company logo.
Note: You must download the rates, deadlines and contract in Adobe Reader (free download here) in order to view in the writeable format.
The WDA is pleased to make Tongue ‘n’ Cheek… and Teeth, too! available to our member dentists and dental hygienists and their patients as a way of communicating oral health information and promoting quality care.
Launched in October 2011, this full-color, four-page patient newsletter is distributed twice a year to dental offices throughout the state.
We invite you to take advantage of advertising opportunities in the upcoming spring/summer 2013 and fall/winter 2013 issues.
In February 2013, the first patient e-newsletter launched and had an open rate of 26.7 percent (compares to the e-newsletter industry average of 22.3 percent). Our next issue launches late May to more than 3,400 subscribers.
The patient e-newsletter ad deadline is May 14. Choose from three sizes:
- 150 x 150 pixels – $100
- 150 x 300 pixels – $175
- 150 x 450 pixels – $250
- 2013 rates, deadlines and contract- coming soon!
Consider the following:
- During a typical week, dental offices spend 31.5 hours providing care to patients
- The WDA patient newsletter is visible in waiting room for six months
- Dentists and their dental teams describe this publication as, “…convenient, concise, readable and pertinent.”
Each issue is also posted on WDA.org. The fall/winter 2011 was viewed more than 313 times.
The Wisconsin Dental Association welcomes advertising in its publications and on its website and exhibiting in conjunction with its Annual Scientific Session (Jewel of the Great Lakes Wisconsin Dental Meeting), all of which are an important means of keeping members informed of new and better products and services for the practice of dentistry and furthering the association’s goals of promoting the art and science of dentistry and improving the health of the public.
The appearance of advertising in any Wisconsin Dental Association publication or on its website and exhibits for any product or service is not a guarantee or endorsement by the Association of a product or service or the claims made by a producer or manufacturer.
The Wisconsin Dental Association reserves the right to accept or reject any advertising.
Subject to the foregoing, the following standards, as interpreted by the Association, shall apply to advertising and exhibits:
- Products, services and messages should be germane, effective and useful to the practice of dentistry or of special interest to dentists, their staff or families. They also should be in a format consistent with applicable Wisconsin Dental Association and American Dental Association guidelines and requirements.
- The advertiser or exhibitor and the product or service offered should be clearly identifiable. The Wisconsin Dental Association reserves the right to request additional information as needed.
- The word “advertisement” may be required on any advertisement that is designed in a manner that causes confusion between the advertisement and editorial content.
- Those desiring to advertise or display shall be responsible persons and firms as should all others involved in the creation, marketing and servicing of the attendant products and services.
- All advertising and exhibiting materials and statements shall be truthful, factual and consistent with all requirements of law. All claims and warranties made shall be fully substantiated and exhibitors must fully disclose any conditions and limitations. Any advertising or display that violates the dental profession’s Code of Ethics will not be accepted.
- Products being advertised or displayed must be in accordance with applicable government laws and regulations, such as equal opportunity laws and regulations covering new drug applications and prescription drug advertising.
- The Wisconsin Dental Association reserves the right to require complete scientific technical supporting data concerning safety, operation, usefulness, performance and testing and to reject advertising or displays for any product, service or technique that has been the subject of unfavorable or cautionary report by the American Dental Association or any of its agents.
- Unwarranted disparagement or unfair comparison of a competitor’s products or services will not be permitted.
- Advertisements or displays that violate, or assist in violating, the Wisconsin Dental Practice Act or other government regulations or statutes are ineligible.
- The Wisconsin Dental Association reserves the right to consider any advertiser’s and exhibitor’s past dealings and relationships with WDA and others, record of performance, subject matter involved, whether the attendant product or service is substantially similar to one endorsed or offered by WDA, its subsidiaries or affiliates, and such other matters as WDA, in its sole discretion, determines to be pertinent.
- No advertising or exhibits of alcoholic beverages or tobacco products will be accepted.
- Display advertisements from dentists for dental treatment services are ineligible for printing or posting on or in pages with public access.
Advertising will not be permitted on the Wisconsin Dental Association’s website home page or pages that pertain to the Association’s charitable 501(c)(3) programs (e.g., WDA Foundation, WDA Mission of Mercy).