- Eligibility criteria
- Evaluation of proposals
- Application and submission guidelines
- Program timetable
Applications for the 2016 funding year are now available.
Annual Grant Program
The WDA Annual Grant Program offers financial support to Wisconsin projects and programs that provide dental care to the underserved and other philanthropic endeavors related to dentistry in Wisconsin. The program objective is to increase access to, and education about, oral health care by encouraging volunteerism in the dental health professions community.
Guidelines for grant requests are as follows.
Proposals of up to $5,000 by community-based, not-for-profit, oral health promotion programs located in the state of Wisconsin will be considered.
Examples of qualified oral health promotions include:
- Dental supplies, equipment and other operating expenses for a low-income dental clinic
- Dental health education conducted at schools, health fairs and social agencies, via mobile dental clinics or outreach programs
- Dental health education efforts in conjunction with preventive programs, such as fluoride and dental sealant application projects
- Other philanthropic endeavors relating to dentistry in Wisconsin
Grants will not be awarded to support:
- Grants to individuals
- Salary and other staff/volunteer compensation
- Endowments, fundraising campaigns or general operating expenses
- Lobbying of any kind
- Capital costs (purchasing, remodeling, or furnishing of facilities)
- Grants to organizations located outside of Wisconsin
The WDA Foundation Finance and Allocation Committee will evaluate all proposals, with additional review by the foundation’s Board of Directors.
Grants will be awarded based on:
- Originality, creativity and innovation of program/project
- Potential for, or history of, continuous program operation
- Community involvement including volunteer support
- Provision of actual restorative, preventive and dental education services
- Oral health awareness education and promotion content
- Potential impact on the target audience and/or community
Submitted proposals must include the following information – placed in stated order. Applications missing any of the following components will not be considered:
- Completed and signed grant application cover page
- An executive summary of no more than one page in length. The Executive Summary must be on a separate page.
- Requested information – Please answer all questions that pertain to your organization/program. A maximum of five pages may be used for this section.
- A letter of endorsement for group and/or dental related activity from an officer of the local component dental society.
The Grant review committee will not consider letters of endorsement provided by any other organization and/or individual in lieu of endorsement by the local dental society. Names of local component dental society leadership can be found at http://www.wda.org/dental-professionals/local-dental-societies or by contacting Vicki Bohman, executive director at email@example.com.
Click this link to access the current application.
Submit proposal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only one proposal submission per organization will be accepted.
- Do not submit additional materials, such as videos, brochures or promotional gifts, as these items will not be considered.
- Please submit the signed application and supporting materials via email to email@example.com.
- It is preferred that all materials be combined into one PDF document.
- Subject line must read 2016 WDA Foundation grant application.
The WDA Foundation reserves the right to rescind an awarded grant if the itemized request(s) for reimbursement show that funds were used for purposes other than that specified in the grant application without the prior consent of the foundation.
Grant applications for 2016 close on July 31, 2015.
- Request for proposals will be posted here each year beginning Feb. 1.
- Complete proposals must be emailed to the WDA Foundation by 11:59 p.m. on July 31 of the year preceding the calendar year in which the grant will be awarded.
- Proposal applicants will be notified via email by Dec. 31 of the year preceding the calendar year in which the grant will be awarded.
- If approved, grant money should be requested in writing as expenses are incurred anytime between Jan.1 and Dec. 31 of the calendar year for which the grant is being awarded.
- Funds will not be awarded until a signed letter of agreement is returned to the WDA Foundation.
- A written, six-month report regarding the use of the grant funds to date is required to be emailed to the Wisconsin Dental Association Foundation by 11:59 p.m. June 30 of the grant funding year.
- Recipient groups not submitting a six-month report by the stated deadline will not be considered for a grant the following year.
- The WDA Foundation strongly encourages organizations to submit authorized photos pertinent to the funded program for use in its communications.
- Submission of an Annual Grant Program application does not guarantee funding.
- Decisions of the WDA Foundation are final.
- The WDA Foundation, its officers, directors, employees and agents are not responsible for any injury or damage resulting directly or indirectly from services provided by funded organizations.
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact the foundation at:
6737 W. Washington St., Ste. 2360
West Allis, WI 53214