No new Smile Program requests will be accepted for 2015 as supplies have been exhausted. You may submit requests for distribution in 2016 beginning in September.
- Eligibility criteria
- Application guidelines
- Program timetable and restrictions
- Obtaining supplies
- Follow-up report
One of the most important elements of oral care happens at home. Brushing and flossing properly, along with regular dental checkups, can help prevent tooth decay and gum disease, resulting in improved health and self-esteem.
The mission of the WDA Foundation Smile Program is to provide underprivileged children, adults and seniors with the supplies needed to put them on the right track for good oral health. To this end, the foundation will provide qualifying non-profit organizations with toothbrushes and toothpaste to be distributed to at-risk populations.
The program is by application only. The Smile Program is administered by the WDA Foundation.
Submission of a Smile Program application does not guarantee that supplies will be provided. Decisions of the WDA Foundation are final.
The WDA Foundation is pleased to make a limited number of toothbrushes (with toothpaste) available to non-profit organizations and programs in need of oral supplies through its Smile Program.
- The request must be made by a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
- Supplies must be used within the state of Wisconsin for charitable purposes only.
- No more than 1,000 toothbrushes and tubes of toothpaste will be awarded to a single organization during a calendar year.
- Supplies will be awarded to an organization no more than once during a period of 24 consecutive months.
- Requests must be made via email (email@example.com) with the subject line “Smile Program Request”.
- Requests should be made no less than eight weeks in advance of need.
- The request (should be no more than two pages in length and) must include:
- Name and a brief overview of the organization/program
- EIN number of the organization
- Full contact information for the individual requesting the supplies, including name, title, address, phone, fax and email
- Brief description of how the supplies will be used
- How the WDA Foundation will be acknowledged for its donation
- The number of brushes requested – specifying the number of children and/or adult brushes
- Deadline for receipt if applicable
- An IRS Letter of Determination must be included with each request
- The WDA Foundation will approve Smile Program grants on a rolling basis and will close the program for the calendar year when supplies are exhausted.
- Submission of a grant request does not guarantee an award of supplies.
- The WDA Foundation is not responsible for misdirected requests.
- The WDA Foundation reserves the right to limit quantities distributed.
- Decisions of the WDA Foundation are final.
- Requests should be made at least eight weeks in advance of need.
- The WDA Foundation is not responsible for delayed shipments from suppliers.
Organizations that are awarded supplies are responsible for pickup or delivery.
The WDA Foundation requires a follow-up report of no more than three (3) paragraphs indicating how the supply grant was used and what groups were assisted by the grant. The follow-up report is required within thirty (30) days of use of supplies and may be submitted via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We strongly encourage grant recipients to submit photos from the event/program with their follow-up report. The submitting organization must have a copy of a signed photo consent form on record.
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact the foundation at:
6737 W. Washington St., Ste. 2360
West Allis, WI 53214