The Wisconsin Dental Association and the American Dental Association are both working on public awareness campaigns highlighting the steps dentists are taking to protect the health of their patients and dental teams in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. While these campaigns are still in the planning stages as more specific dental office guidance is developed, we do know they will be primarily digital, with all spots directing consumers to the Find-a-Dentist online directory.
Find-A-Dentist traffic – which has already been higher than normal as consumers search for emergency providers during the “Safer at Home” slowdown – is expected to jump significantly when offices reopen and the WDA and ADA campaigns launch. That makes now the perfect time to complete your Find-a-Dentist profile for optimum effectiveness.
WDA members with a photo in their online profile have two distinctive advantages when prospective patients are looking to book dental appointments. Profiles with photos appear higher in Find-a-Dentist search results, and analytics show they receive 11 times more clicks by consumers than profiles without a photo.
Find-a-Dentist® is a free and valuable marketing tool for your dental practice. You (or an authorized member of your staff) can update or complete your online profile in less than five minutes:
- Visit ADA.org/myFADprofile and log in using your ADA number as your user ID and ADA.org password.
- Upload your profile photo and personal information, including your practice’s primary email.
- Fill in your office address, phone and hours of operation. The flexible format lets you add multiple locations and office hours.
- Add practice information, such as website, years in practice, payment options and languages spoken.
- Click “Finish” when done.
Contact WDA Membership Coordinator Haley Rykowski ([email protected] or 414-755-4114) if you or your team member needs assistance with the profile process.