As widespread safety measures are put in place to support citizen health and slow infection rates due to COVID-19, the online world is experiencing an unprecedented change in behavior. For instance, overall internet traffic has risen by 31% in the last month, making the management of your online presence more critical than ever to ensuring the continued vitality of your dental practice.2
In particular, the implementation of a paid advertising campaign can yield significant returns, especially given that on average, cost-per-clicks have decreased by 6% across all vertical since the viral outbreak – so your investment goes further.1
A successful PPC advertising strategy will allow you to boost your authority, find new patients and win the conversation. Follow these recommendations to ensure the success of your marketing initiatives:
- Target your audience with search and call-only campaigns focusing on virtual consultations as well as emergency dental care. With limited access to critical dental services, patients will be looking for you online.
- Enhance direct engagement and prioritize calls to your office with click-to-call ad extensions and callout ad extensions. Don’t forget to route incoming office calls to your remote personnel.
- Instill trust and confidence in your services by bolstering your online reputation through management of your Google My Business page and clearly notifying patients of your additional safety measures and universal precautions.
- Evaluate your process as events progress and adjust to changing audience behavior with insights from A/B testing.
- Refresh your negative keyword lists at both the account and campaign levels using trending search queries.
While foot traffic is down, connecting with prospective patients through PPC advertising is a powerful way to ensure you provide critical access to your communities and prepare for the return of patients as the crisis resolves.
Wisconsin Dental Association endorsed PBHS is standing by to assist you in developing and implementing your comprehensive digital marketing strategy, including PPC advertising. Please call 800-840-5383 to get started today.
Sources: The Thrive Agency: 10 digital marketing ideas to consider during the coronavirus; NBC News: internet usage up during pandemic.