Editorial Advisory Board member since 2017
1. Who/what has inspired you in your career?
My best friend’s dad was my childhood dentist. He’s been a phenomenal inspiration and mentor. Also, my favorite dental school faculty member, Dr. Rajaram Gopalakrishnan, for his amazing advice.
2. What has been the greatest challenge in your career?
Student loan debt and prepping an FPD #1-3!
3. What’s been the most memorable moment?
Finding stage 2 oral SCC on a 22-year-old patient. It was definitely a scary moment, and it really shows the importance of oral cancer screening, even on low-risk patients.
4. How do you spend your free time?
Trail running, hiking, rock climbing, riding my motorcycle and loving my partner and
5. What’s one thing others would be surprised to know about you?
I am a record collector and a meta head.
6. What would be your dream job if you weren’t a dentist?
Park ranger! I would love to be able to spend my days outside in nature.
7. What advice would you give to new graduate dentists?
Don’t take yourself too seriously, it’s going to end up OK in the end. Make sure you know the practice you’re going into matches your goals.
8. What are your hopes for the future of dentistry?
I hope we work together more in the future with our medical colleagues to treat patients truly comprehensively.