The American Dental Association’s new CDT 2019 and companion kit code check app reduces the time you spend on coding so you can spend more time with patients. Correct coding provides the needed clarity to auto-adjudicate claims, speeds claim processing, lessens the need for additional information requests and reduces claim rejections. This coding kit includes:
- CDT 2019: Dental Procedure Codes, an essential tool for any dental practice which helps all dental professionals use accurate CDT codes to avoid rejected claims. It includes 15 new codes, five revised codes and four deleted codes.
The CDT 2019 now offers two new non-clinical codes that office staff should be made aware of:
- D9961 Duplicate/copy of patients records
- D9990 Certified translation or sign-language services – per visit
Billing staff must also be aware that charging for duplicating patients records is dictated by statute. Offices must follow (statute) when charging for copies.
- The CDT 2019 coding companion, updated for 2019, which trains staff to code more accurately and efficiently. The companion includes key coding concepts, scenarios and Q&A.
- The CDT 2019 code check app helps staff quickly locate codes, enabling more accurate coding, fewer claims rejections and speedier reimbursements.
To order the CDT 2019 kit, visit ADAcatalog.org or call 800-947-4746. Save 15 percent on all ADA catalog products, use promo code 18220B. Offer expires Dec. 28, 2018.