- Awards and criteria
- Award Recipients
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- Community Outreach Award
- WDA Foundation Philanthropic Award
- Friends of Dentistry Award
- Media Relations Award
- Media Awareness Award
- New Dentist Leadership Award
- Outstanding Leadership in Mentoring
- Political Action Award
- WDA Award of Honor
- Nomination form
- Nominate online (2021 nomination period is closed; nominate for 2022)
Judging of all awards, with the exception of the WDA Foundation Philanthropic Award, will be done by the WDA Board of Trustees. The WDA Foundation Philanthropic Award will be selected by the WDA Foundation Board of Directors. All nominations must include a completed nomination form and a letter from the nominator indicating how the nominee meets the criteria and why they should be considered for the award. In addition, nominations for the Lifetime Achievement Award must include a current curriculum vitae. A dentist nominated in any of the award categories must be an American Dental Association member.
Lifetime Achievement Award
The Lifetime Achievement Award is the WDA’s highest honor. It was established to recognize an individual dentist who has given time, energy and expertise to the organizations representing dentistry throughout his/her career.
The Lifetime Achievement Award is given to a dentist who has accomplished the following:
- 20 or more years of continuous membership in the WDA
- Participation in the professional affairs of local, state, regional and/or national dental organizations
- Has made a significant contribution to organized dentistry throughout their lifetime
Community Outreach Award
To honor an individual, a team of individuals, or an organization who has systematically provided exceptional service to the public, of a nature which reflects great credit on the dental profession.
Nominees may be individuals or organizations who have contributed to dentistry in the “Purpose” section of these guidelines. All dentists who are nominated must be members of the WDA.
WDA Foundation Philanthropic Award
The WDA Foundation Philanthropic Award recognizes a member of the dental community that supports the mission of the WDA Foundation.
Nominees may have contributed to the mission of the WDA Foundation in any of the following ways:
- Material contributions to the WDA Foundation or other dental foundations
- Support of projects that provide dental care for the disadvantaged
- Involvement in WDA Foundation
New Dentist Leadership Award
The New Dentist Leadership Award recognizes the efforts of a WDA member dentist for significant involvement in organized dentistry at the local, state and/or national levels.
- Nominees must be dentists who have been out of dental school for 10 years or less who have demonstrated outstanding leadership qualities as they relate to new dentist issues and who are members in good standing of the WDA.
Outstanding Leadership in Mentoring
This is an award to recognize a member dentist who has demonstrated outstanding leadership in mentoring. The recipient of this award will be forwarded as that year’s entry into the ADA Golden Apple Award in the “Outstanding Leadership in Mentoring” category.
The eligibility and entry guidelines for the Pyramid of Pride Outstanding Leadership Award, which are identical to the ADA’s guidelines are as follows:
Must be an ADA (WDA) member who demonstrates outstanding mentorship ability
Nominations must include:
- A copy of the nominee’s c.v. (not more than 3 pages)
- Supporting essay of not more than 1,500 words detailing leadership qualities, professional and ethical conduct, and volunteer activities as a mentor
- Letters of recommendation from those mentored (not to exceed 2 pages each) will be considered
Political Action Award
The WDA Political Action Award honors an individual, a team of individuals, or an organization that has increased member involvement on the grassroots level to further WDA legislative interests.
Nominees must have worked to promote the WDA legislative interests in one or more of the following areas:
- Fund solicitation or contributions to WIDPAC and the Direct Giver program
- Hosting and/or attending political action fundraisers
- Participating in local campaign efforts
- Coordinating letter writing campaigns or phone trees on important issues
- Testimony on issues of concern to the dental profession
Nominees who are dentists must be members in good standing of the WDA.
WDA Award of Honor (formerly President’s Award of Honor)
The WDA Award of Honor recognizes individuals and organizations for contributions and activities that reflect great credit on the dental profession.
Nominees may have contributed to the dental profession in any of the following ways:
- Material contributions to the Wisconsin Dental Association
- Advancement of the art and science of dentistry
- Provision of exceptional service to the dental community
The WDA Board of Trustees will select no more than ONE recipient in 2021.
Friends of Dentistry Award (new in 2010, suspended for 2021)
Media Relations Award (suspended for 2021)
Media Awareness Award (suspended for 2021)
The deadline to submit nominations for the Pyramid of Pride Awards is July 15.