ACDE – Silver Diamine Fluoride is the New Black in Medical Management of Caries: What, Why, When, How?
November 18 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm$69
Oral health has entered a new normal with a need for the reduction of aerosol-producing treatments. Our focus as dentists should be on non- and minimally-invasive solutions. To achieve change, clinicians should invest in silver diamine fluoride which is the soul of the medical management of caries. This session will cover the WHAT: history of development, mechanisms, evidence, and chemistry of SDF; the WHY: advantages and disadvantages with supportive evidence; the WHEN: clinical uses, indications and contraindications; and the HOW: incorporation into restorative practice, clinical protocols, and clinical tips from practicing dentists all over the globe. The session will include wide coverage of multiple clinical questions addressing the challenges associated with SDF.
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the indications, benefits, and risks for Silver Diamine Fluoride (SDF) to patients.
- Describe the evidence and level of success for using SDF to treat or prevent dental caries.
- Demonstrate the techniques for applying SDF and the SMART technique.
- Guide patients through deciding on topical-only versus invasive caries management.
- Describe key research questions about SDF that are under current investigation.
- Identify challenges associated with SDF.