- This event has passed.
57th Annual Dental Seminar
October 8 @ 7:30 am - 3:00 pm
- Identify misleading and dangerous misinformation about antiviral treatments
- List three proven strategies for strengthening immune health
- List five steps in appropriate antibiotic prescribing in dental practice
- Discuss the AAOS and 2021 AHA antibiotic prophylaxis guidelines
- Prescribe opioid-sparing analgesia regimens with confidence
- Modify dental drug therapy in order to avoid potentially dangerous drug interactions
Presentations and Speakers
Professor Karen Baker has been on the Dental College faculty at the University of Iowa for 40 years and occupies a unique role in dental practice and education. She is a clinical pharmacist with a Master’s degree in clinical pharmacology and therapeutics and is focused on patient-specific dental drug therapy. She has given well over 1,000 invited programs nationally and internationally and holds memberships in many dental and clinical pharmacology and therapeutics organizations. Her dental education-based pharmacy and drug therapy consultation center is the only one in the United States. She has authored more than 50 articles and abstracts and lectures extensively in pre-doctoral and graduate courses at the University of Iowa.