ACDE – 5 STEPS TO PRACTICING DENTISTRY PAIN-FREE: Evidence-based Strategies for a Long & Healthy Career
November 17 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm$39
Did you know that one-third of dentists who retire early are forced to do so, due to a musculoskeletal disorder? Untreated chronic pain can result in physical and financial disaster! Now, more than ever, during the COVID-19 pandemic, mental stress can add to the physical demands in the operatory, resulting in pain. Due to the multi-factorial nature of work-related pain in dentistry, rarely does a single intervention (i.e., new loupes, strength training) permanently resolve chronic pain issues. Research reveals 5 key areas that are essential to effectively resolving work-related pain in dentistry. The sequence in which these are implemented is also integral to successfully resolving pain. This dynamic interactive webinar introduces ground-breaking education that can help rejuvenate your love of doing dentistry and transform your life!
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Learn the etiologies of work-related pain in dentistry.
- Discover the single most important dental ergonomic intervention to prevent neck pain.
- Implement a technique to easily down-regulate the sympathetic nervous system in the operatory.
- Discover how painful trigger points develop in dental professionals and a self-treatment protocol.
- Discover which types of stretches are most beneficial and how to perform them.
- Learn how to correct painful muscle imbalances with proper exercise.