ACDE – CBCT for Endodontics
October 20 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm$69
Cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) is a new technology that provides important diagnostic information for endodontic treatment. This course will describe the use of small field of view (FOV) CBCT in endodontic diagnosis and management of cases. Radiographic features of 2D, 3D, and 4D imaging will be discussed. A variety of cases will be profiled to illustrate the impact of CBCT on diagnosis of resorption, fractures, periapical lesions, and tooth anatomy. Evidenced-based literature findings will also be used to support treatment decisions with the use of CBCT.
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Review the technology of CBCT imaging.
- Understand the applications and indications of small FOV CBCT imaging in endodontics.
- Review the use of CBCT software for identification of periapical lesions, resorption, tooth fracture, and complicated dental anatomy.
- Review how the use of CBCT technology impacts endodontic prognosis.
- Review endodontic cases using CBCT.