- This event has passed.
ACDE – The Double-Edged Sword of Sedation: Understanding the Power that You Wield
July 14 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm$69
As more patients become familiar with and inquire about sedation in the dental office, it is important that providers understand the risks and benefits of providing this valuable service. Proper training, proper equipment, and proper patient selection are required to ensure a safe and predictable outcome. This course will review essential concepts that guide dentists who provide sedation
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the sedation continuum and be able to recognize what level of sedation a patient is in.
- Know how to rescue a patient from a deeper level of sedation than is intended.
- Recognize patients that are good or poor candidates for minimal and moderate sedation.
- Recognize respiratory depression and apnea and know how to treat them.
- Understand the indications and contraindications of common anxiolytic and sedative drugs.