- This event has passed.
ACDE Web Series – Essentials of Sedation in Dentistry
June 4 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm$69
This seminar will offer a review of safe in office sedation modalities. We will cover the pros, cons, risks, objectives of oral sedation, nitrous oxide, and local anesthesia, IV moderate sedation and general anesthesia will be covered as informational and for comparison. Both pediatric and adult patient issues will be discussed.
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Decide which patients are appropriate for sedation and what modality of care is appropriate.
- Identify the critical areas to focus on for a proper patient assessment.
- Explain the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of the most commonly used anxiolytic drugs in dental practice.
- Demonstrate how to do an airway assessment, and explain the implications for the sedated patient
- List the monitors required or recommended for sedation and explain how their data is important.
- Describe some common reported mishaps that lead to morbidity and how are they avoided and/or treated.
Educational Method: Zoom Lecture