We hear it from members – particularly new dentists and those considering or are new to practice ownership – all the time: While they learned a lot about dentistry in dental school, they didn’t learn much about the business side of running a dental practice. That’s why the WDA Board of Trustees, at the recommendation of the Membership Development Committee, has authorized “WDA BizTalks,” a program providing exclusive, low- to no-cost opportunities for dentists to learn valuable information necessary to make better, more confident business decisions.
The WDA works with businesses that support the association and its members to present programs focusing on business, practice management and practice transition topics. The WDA BizTalks webinar series features timely topics in a quick, one-hour format. Live events include fun networking opportunities. Members who register for and participate in the live events or webinar livestream can receive non-clinical CE credit.
What personal and professional insurance do I need at this stage of my dental career?
A WDA BizTalks webinar with Professional Insurance Programs (1 CE)
Sept. 30, 2022 – 11 a.m. to Noon
Protecting your most important assets is an important step in creating a solid personal financial plan, and the right insurance policies – matched with your age, practice model, career stage and more – will go a long way toward helping you safeguard your earning power and possessions.
This virtual discussion will include:
- Personal vs business coverage
- Male vs female coverage
- Filing claims
- Disability (the magic number for coverage)
- Realistic coverage throughout your life
Jake Rehm, Insurance Advisor - Commercial, Life & Disability
Craig Thompson, Insurance Advisor - Home, Auto & Umbrella
Christine Nadolski, Team Lead - Benefits
Past events and YouTube playlist
- "Leading from the Core: The Strengths of Women and Leadership" presented in conjunction with Core Endeavors Coaching & Consulting - Watch webinar recording
- "Post-Pandemic Financial Benchmarks and Strategies for Dental Practices" presented in conjunction with SVA Dental Services - View webinar recording
- "Business Forward Strategies for Dental Practices" presented in conjunction with SVA Dental Services - View webinar recording
View webinar recordings on YouTube: