The Wisconsin Dental Association welcomes advertising in its publications and on its website and exhibiting in conjunction with the annual CE & networking event. All offer important opportunities for keeping members informed of products and services for improving the practice of dentistry and furthering the association’s goals of promoting the art and science of dentistry and improving the health of the public.
The appearance of advertising in any WDA publication or on its website and exhibits for any product or service is not a guarantee or endorsement by the association of a product or service or the claims made by a producer or manufacturer.
The WDA reserves the right to accept or reject any advertising.
Subject to the foregoing, the following standards, as interpreted by the association, shall apply to advertising and exhibits:
- Products, services and messages should be germane, effective and useful to the practice of dentistry or of special interest to dentists, their staff or families. They also should be in a format consistent with applicable WDA and American Dental Association guidelines and requirements.
- The advertiser or exhibitor and the product or service offered should be clearly identifiable. The WDA reserves the right to request additional information as needed.
- The word “advertisement” may be required on any advertisement that is designed in a manner that causes confusion between the advertisement and editorial content.
- Those desiring to advertise or display shall be responsible persons and firms as should all others involved in the creation, marketing and servicing of the attendant products and services.
- All advertising and exhibiting materials and statements shall be truthful, factual and consistent with all requirements of law. All claims and warranties made shall be fully substantiated and exhibitors must fully disclose any conditions and limitations. Any advertising or display that violates the dental professions’ Code of Ethics will not be accepted.
- Products being advertised or displayed must be in accordance with applicable government laws and regulations, such as equal opportunity laws and regulations covering new drug applications and prescription drug advertising.
- The WDA reserves the right to require complete scientific technical supporting data concerning safety, operation, usefulness, performance and testing and to reject advertising or displays for any product, service or technique that has been the subject of unfavorable or cautionary report by the ADA or any of its agents.
- Unwarranted disparagement or unfair comparison of a competitor’s products or services will not be permitted.
- Advertisements or displays that violate, or assist in violating, the Wisconsin Dental Practice Act or other government regulations or statutes are ineligible.
- The WDA reserves the right to consider any advertiser’s and exhibitor’s past dealings and relationships with WDA and others, record of performance, subject matter involved, whether the attendant product or service is substantially similar to one endorsed or offered by WDA, its subsidiaries or affiliates, and such other matters as WDA, in its sole discretion, determines to be pertinent.
- No advertising or exhibits of alcoholic beverages or tobacco products will be accepted.
- Display advertisements from dentists for dental treatment services are ineligible for printing or posting on or in pages with public access.
Advertising will not be permitted on the WDA’s website home page or pages that pertain to the association’s charitable 501(c)(3) programs (e.g., WDA Foundation, WDA Mission of Mercy).